The Valley-Wide Health Systems’ Pharmacy is located inside the Alamosa Family Medical Center and provides prescription services to all Valley-Wide patients. We are committed to patient care and education.
The prescription number (located on the top left corner of every prescription), along with your name and where you will be picking up the prescription will be needed when refilling a prescription (Rx). The pharmacy requests that you call your refill in to the pharmacy at least 3 business days before picking up the prescription. Any problems that might delay the refill can be handled, to ensure the prescription is ready when you need it. If you currently use Valley-Wide Pharmacy, you can refill your prescriptions online using your prescription number.
Pharmacy Services Offered:
- Competitively Priced Cash Rx’s
- Patient Medication Information and Counseling Services
- Patient Information on Medications Delivery Service to any Valley-Wide clinic within the San Luis Valley available daily,
Monday – Friday (requests must be made before 9:00 a.m. for same day service)
- Anti-coagulation Management
- Diabetic Education
Tips for Patients:
- All prescriptions must be by a Valley-Wide Health Systems’ provider.
- Plan to pick up your prescription(s) during our normal hours listed above.
- Always check the prescription label to see that it is yours BEFORE taking any medication.
- Make sure you understand the directions such as how often you need to take medication or if you need to eat before taking it. If you do not understand anything please do not hesitate to ask!
- To prevent adverse medication interactions, tell the Pharmacy if you are taking any other medications including over-the counter medications and vitamin supplements.
- If you miss a dose, call the Pharmacy for further instructions.
- Read the colored stickers on each bottle before taking your medication. THESE ARE IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS!