This November, 6-7, Valley-Wide Health Systems, Inc. held a Provider Retreat in Pueblo, CO to go over new goals and a new direction for Valley-Wide. Representatives from Valley-Wide Leadership and Providers from every clinic were in attendance. The retreat brought all of our Valley-Wide Providers together and was very successful!
- Foster a culture of teamwork and discovery among providers and ELT
- Create a common understanding of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) model
- Put CQI model to practice and determine the providers’ role in conducting, documenting and spreading quality improvement
- Create a common understanding of the components of patient centered medical home (PCMH)
- Discuss challenges and opportunities around transforming to a PCMH
- Providers were asked to describe the best aspects of the retreat, based on their experience:
- Time to talk to Executive Leadership Team and coworkers.
- Hearing different perspectives on problems and good thoughts on solutions.
- New energy at Valley-Wide. Constantly striving to improve.
- Realizing that the Executive Leadership Team values provider input.
- It was great to find out more about other providers and members of the Executive Leadership Team
- Brainstorming sessions on how to improve patient care.
- Meeting with Providers from other clinics and regions.
- Reminder that a team approach works.
- Meeting everyone, putting faces to the names. Understanding other roles. Meeting providers and their families has increased my job satisfaction!
Providers were also asked to list specific suggestions that may be implemented in the future to improve this meeting:
- Have more concrete, actionable changes to implement.
- Please keep having the retreats.
- Generate a specific plan of action with person responsible.
- Have retreat with support staff in each clinic.
- Retrospective Email top 10 ideas – how we’re implementing.
- Excellent start, please continue!