May 6th- 12th is Nurses week, and International Nurses Day is Wednesday, May 12th.
Nurses make up the largest group of health care professionals at Valley-Wide. Nursing Occupations include Family Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, and Medical Assistants. We also have nurses working in Administration, Operations, Quality, Clinical Support Services, and Infection Prevention.
Recognizing nurses’ for the month of May encourages understanding and awareness of the vast contributions of nurses. Doing this also inspires younger generations to join the workforce, bringing in new knowledge and innovation. For 19 consecutive years, the American public has ranked nurses the highest honesty and ethical standards. This ranking highlights the deep trust the public has in nurses.
Everyday VWHS Nurses:
- Change lives by improving the quality of care through education, advocacy, and emotional support.
- Provide holistic care in prevention, wellness, and delivery of health care services.
- Help patients and families navigate an ever-changing and complex health care system.
- Influence health policy that ensures access to high-quality, affordable health care.
- Hold positions on community boards and professional organizations, making a difference in improving health.
Thank you Valley-Wide nurses for your commitment, dedication, hard work and amazing care you provide to our patients each and every day!