Valley-Wide Health Systems, Inc. stands for safe and effective health care for all. When patient rights are recognized, respected, and supported patients become more involved in all aspects of their care. Care, treatment, or services should be carefully planned and provided with regard to the patient’s personal values, beliefs, culture, and preferences, and in a manner he/she understands. Therefore, the following responsibilities are recognized by Valley-Wide and are valued in the day-to-day practice of health care services.
The patients of Valley-Wide Health Systems, Inc. have the responsibility to:
- Participate in care decisions and management in a respectful, courteous manner and follow the plan of care agreed upon. If you have any questions, just ask.
- Give full, honest information on all forms and in conversations. Report any changes to your general condition, symptoms, allergies, etc. Bring a list of your medications with you to your appointments.
- Inspect all medications received from the clinic or pharmacy before leaving the building and any time you get a refill. If there is an error, report it immediately to the Pharmacy or your healthcare provider.
- Notify your provider of any emergency.
- Keep appointments and be on time. If you must miss your appointment, call at least 24 hours in advance to reschedule.
- Treat the staff and other patients with respect.
- Bring insurance information. If your coverage or company changes, bring the updated information to your appointment.
- Show your Insurance card (including Medicaid and Medicare cards, and Community/Migrant Health Center Card) when you get treatment.
- Report any changes to your address or phone number.
- Pay co-payments at the time of service.
- Pay your bills and deductible of insurance promptly.
- Patients must equally understand their rights in the care process in order to be an active participant in their health care management.