I was raised in a very large but poor family primarily by a single mother. The exceptional love from my mother and several family members was a contributing factor in my decision to pursue this line of work. It was my childhood experiences that helped me choose my career path, or perhaps as others have said to me, the path chose me!
- Adams State College: MA in Community Counseling
- Adams State College: BA in Psychology
- Care Coordinator for Valley-Wide Health Systems
- Intensive Residential Treatment Therapist for San Luis Valley Behavioral Health Group
- Migrant Liaison for the Alamosa Migrant Headstart
- Addiction's Counselor for Cross Roads Turning Point
- Case Manager for the San Luis Valley Behavioral Health Group
Special Achievements / Awards:
- Honors in Psychology at Adams State College for a correlation design research project: Assertive Community Treatment in Urban Areas and Programs to Assist in the Transition from Homelessness.
- Colorado Addiction Counselor (CACII) from 2003 to 2015
Strong interest in severe persistent mental illness and addictions treatment.