My career has solely been spent in the helping professions and a lot around the medical field. At one point I attended nursing school but did not complete that degree. In 2001, an opportunity arose in which I was accepted into Colorado State University’s Master’s in Education program for Guidance and Career Counseling, a co-hort that met in Pueblo on the campus of University of Southern Colorado, now CSU-P. My focus throughout my life has been on emotional and spiritual wellbeing. I am grateful to be working with the dedicated staff at Valley Wide Health Systems in the lower Arkansas Valley and in the behavioral health field again. I look forward and am committed to helping our clients integrate healthy habits into all areas of their lives!
- Colorado State University: MA in Guidance and Career Counseling
- Adams State College: BA in Psychology and History/Government
- 2011-2019: Co-Manager of Adult Services at Otero County Department of Human Services in La Junta, CO
- 2008-2010: Therapist in Sex Offense Treatment and Monitoring Program (SOTMP) at the Colorado Department of Corrections in Ordway, CO
- 2008: Mental Health Coordinator at Bent County Correctional Facility in Las Animas, CO
- Community mental health clinician, hospital discharge planner and case manager in community center board in the Lower Arkansas Valley
Family - human and furry pets, flowers and gardening, living and giving back to home-town communities, yoga, Buddhism, preventing human and animal abuse