I am a native of Colorado and thrilled to be back home. Originally from the Front Range, I am glad to now be in the San Luis Valley here in Alamosa and look forward to the experiences the VALLEY has to offer and being a member of the community.
- Wilmington University – Master’s of Science in Nursing (MSN) – Family Nurse Practitioner
- University of Delaware – Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- State University of New York – Purchase College – Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA)
- 2015 – Present: Valley-Wide Health Systems, Inc.
- As a nurse practitioner I have worked in internal medicine caring for the adolescent, adult and geriatric population. In addition to this I have worked in settings providing care to population focused groups to provide primary care and urgent care services.
- As a registered nurse I have worked in a variety of settings, acute care cardiovascular, medical-surgical, behavioral health and case management. I have functioned both as a staff nurse and in management roles in these settings.
Special Achievements / Awards:
- Through my career, I have obtained many achievements. Those of note, include holding board certification as a registered nurse in psychiatric/mental health nursing and board certification as a family nurse practitioner. I also hold a certificate of achievement for completing the required education and training for the “We Improve Senior Health (WISH) Program” focusing on the safe delivery of care for the geriatric population.
I have a passion for integrated health care, treating the physical and psycho/social health of patients. Also important to me in my practice is communication in healthcare, men’s health, and patient empowerment for their health and healthcare.