Regional Medical Director
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Public Health
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – BS Chemistry, Minor Biology
- Swedish Family Medicine Residency, Littelton Colorado – Chief Resident
- OB Fellowship
- 2014-Present: Valley-Wide Health Systems, Inc.
- 2012: Smith PC, Brice JH, Lee J. The Relationship Between Functional Health Literacy and Adherence to Emergency Room Discharge Instructions Among Spanish-Speaking Patients. Publication pending.
- 2010: James TD, Smith PC, Brice JH. Self-reported Discharge Instruction Adherence Among Different Racial Groups Seen in the Emergency Department. J of Nat Med Assoc. 2010;102(10):931-6.
- 2008: Smith PC, Cultural Competence: Sick Infants, Money and Pride in the Ecuadorian Rainforest, Voices, Published by the Duke Chapter of the American Medical Association, May 2008, Volume 3(1).
- 2007: Smith PC, Language and the American Dream: A Parent’s Perspective, Insight Out.
- 2001-2004: Rural Health Volunteer in Amazon Jungle of Ecuador.
- 1997-2000: Eckerd Youth Alternatives, Newport, North Carolina.
Special Achievements / Awards:
- 2009: Smith, Patrick Carlsen: Evaluation of a Multi-Faceted Family Planning Intervention in an Indigenous Village in Rural Ecuador. Oral Presentation for UNC School of Medicine Student Research Day, January 2009. Oral Presentation at University Research Day, April 2009