I am proud to be an NP and love helping people with their health concerns. I am married to a wonderful guy; we have 7 (grown) children; am the proud grandma of 15 grandchildren scattered around the country; and love living here in rural Colorado (having moved here from the suburbs of Denver).
- I attended CSU Pueblo for my Master's Degree and completed the dual program for Acute Care and Family Practice, thus earning both the ACNP/AGACNP and FNP credentials.
- Mount St Mary's College Los Angeles, CA -- BSN in Nursing with a minor in Spanish
- 2017 - Present: Valley-Wide Health Systems, Inc.
- I have been an RN for 35 years and an NP for nearly 2 years. I initially worked in Med-Surg nursing; then in ICU for 6 years, Emergency Dept for 15 years,and PACU (recovery room) and IR (interventional radiology) for 4 years. As a Nurse Practitioner, I worked for 18 months at San Luis Valley Health as an acute care NP caring for hospitalized patients, before joining Valley Wide inthe CCCC (Convenient Care Community Clinic).
Special Achievements / Awards:
- Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honor Society
- Phi Kappa Phi