Open enrollment to sign up on the Health Insurance Marketplace and purchase a health plan through Connect for Health Colorado begins November 1st, 2017. Valley-Wide Health Systems’ Certified Application Counselors can help customers to purchase health insurance and apply for tax credits to help pay for the cost of insurance premiums.
Open Enrollment Points to Remember:
- Open enrollment ends on January 12th, 2018
- Tax penalties for not having health insurance in 2018 are $695.00 per person, $2,085.00 per family, or 2.5% or your annual income.
- If you have an existing Marketplace plan for 2017, you may choose another plan to fit your needs in 2018. A new plan must be selected by December 15th in order to have a January 1st, 2018 effective date.
- Open enrollment dates do not apply to Medicaid; you may apply at any time.
To receive assistance with selecting a health plan and applying for tax credits, please contact a Certified Application Counselor by calling:
- (719) 589-3658 in the San Luis Valley
- (719) 275-2301 in Fremont County
- (719) 383-5900 ext. 3027 in the Arkansas Valley