While planning for a summer getaway be aware of weather incidents that can happen in the area you travel to.
It’s important to take just a few precautionary actions before you travel to an unfamiliar region:
- Have an emergency kit in your car, camper or suitcase;
- Create a family communication plan;
- Get signed up for weather emergency alerts and warnings in the local vacation area;
- Become familiar with a possible evacuation route; and
- Have a plan on where you would evacuate to or text SHELTER + your ZIP code to 43362 (4FEMA) to identify the nearest shelter should a disaster strike.
Discover how you can stay up-to-date on local storm info and get alerts with America’s PrepareAthon!