Job Title: Accountant
Location: Administrative Services Building, Alamosa, CO
Position Type: Full-Time
Pay Range: Hourly – Min: $19.24 – Max: $24.72 (based on qualifications and experience)
Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
HRA, FSA, DCA
Aflac – Group Accident, Group Critical Illness, Hospital
MASA – Employer paid Air Ambulance Coverage
Vacation – 10 days accrued/year (or current accrual based on longevity with VWHS)
Sick – 12 days accrued/year
Holidays – 8 days/year
(Benefits after one year of employment with VWHS.)
Employer paid Basic Life, LTD, STD
Primarily responsible for assisting the Finance Management staff in a variety of accounting tasks to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting and tracking of information.
- Support the Finance Management staff in the preparation of financial reports and information for internal and external users.
- Document and process journal entries, reconcile general ledger accounts, investigate budget variances and assist in preparing monthly books.
- Work with accounting staff on tasks associated with payroll processing, accounts payable, deposits and reporting.
- Assist in grant accounting by tracking and documenting expenditures to ensure that they are in compliance with underlying agreements.
- Manage and monitor the accounting for the Rural Training Track Program.
- Manage and reconcile the Pharmacy program A/R accounts and conduct payment audits on a regular basis.
- Participate in the collection of clinic cash, the counting of cash for the daily deposit and taking the daily deposit to the bank.
- Assist with the completion of federal and state reports.
- Preparation of exempt property reports for real and personal property. Record Property Tax liabilities and reconcile on an annual basis.
- Preparation of working papers and schedules to assist the external auditors during the annual audit, and Workers’ Compensation audit.
- Assist external auditors during the audit process by providing documentation and requested schedules.
- Maintain check registers for Flex Benefits, Dental & Vision Benefits & Retirement Programs.
- Reconcile selected bank accounts & credit cards.
- Oversee monthly funds transfer from outlying banks to operating account.
- Oversee distribution of 1099.
- Assist in the preparation of Annual Regulatory Census/Reports/Surveys for the State of Colorado and the Federal Government.
- Understand the daily log functions and assist clinic personnel with electronic daily logs/balance sheets questions when necessary.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts, investigate budget variances and assist Controller with explanations on monthly basis.
- Assist with month and year end closing
- Other duties as assigned by the Finance management staff.
Must foster a culture of patient and family centered care, service, quality and safety excellence, while improving patient experience, employee experience and community relations.
Knowledge, skill and ability:
2 + years of experience with general accounting (i.e. journals, ledgers, financial statements, forecasts and budgets)
Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook
Maintains a professional relationship and positive attitude displaying favorable interpersonal skills with the ability to work with employees at all levels
Ability to prioritize work and manage time
BA/BS degree in Accounting or related business field
Requirements and Conditions:
• Drug screen is required
• Background check is required
Applications must be submitted by: Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Valley-Wide Health Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.