Job Title: Certified Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Nurse
Location/s: Alamosa – Convenient Care Community Clinic
Position Type: PRN vacancy
Pay Range: Hourly – Min: $22.15 – Max: $31.00 (based on qualifications and experience)
($1.00/hour shift differential for weekday hours worked after 5:00 p.m. and weekend hours)
(Benefits after one year of employment.) Retirement Match,
Job Summary: To outline the job description for Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner
- Establishes and maintains a reporting structure to Nursing and Medical Directors. Shares all information as needed to ensure program functions.
- Documents SANE cases ensuring patient confidentiality
- Acts as a resource in current state legislation and maintains knowledge to ensure program functioning.
- Prepares and provides orientation and performs evaluation of personnel in the SANE program.
- Establishes annual competency and quality assurance goals.
- Schedules meetings to provide timely updates and disseminate necessary information to ensure program functions.
- Prepares and distributes meeting minutes, and other written communication to ensure that necessary information has been communicated.
- Prepares a monthly on call schedule to provide daily coverage, track and submit SANE employee hours and expenses to the accounting department
- Maintains supplies and equipment as needed to conduct forensic examinations.
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Nursing and SANE Medical Director.
- Assists personnel in preparing for courtroom proceedings, provide evidence to law enforcement and courts when appropriate, ensuring that all required documentation is in place and HIPAA compliance is being met.
- Oversees and completes all paperwork required to compile statistics for funding resources.
- Establishes good relationship with community resource personnel and law enforcement to increase program utilization.
Clinic’s 7–day work week schedule includes evening hours, weekends and holidays.
Must foster a culture of patient and family centered care, service, quality and safety excellence, while improving patient experience, employee experience and community relations.
Please be informed that this is a PRN (as needed) position; work schedule has no guarantee of days or hours.
Required Experience & Skills:
Qualified candidate will be a licensed Registered Nurse in Colorado who has completed the S.A.N.E. training, and has an interest in promoting forensic nursing.
Previous supervisory experience, teaching, or leadership experience is preferred.
Must have intermediate knowledge and understanding of information technology associated with Electronic Health Records.
Ability to interact with multidisciplinary teams, communicate program needs, and work with peers to establish smooth functioning.
Bilingual skills are preferred.
Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN), Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is preferred.
Colorado RN License
Requirements and Conditions:
Drug screen is required
Background check is required
Applications must be submitted by: Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Valley-Wide Health Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.