Job Title: Dental Assistant
Location/s: Alamosa Dental Clinic
Position Type: Full-Time (2 vacancies)
Pay Range: Hourly – Min: $15.00 – Max: $18.21 (based on qualifications and experience)
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HRA, FSA, DCA, Retirement Plan
- Aflac – Group Accident, Group Critical Illness, Hospital
- MASA – Employer paid Air Ambulance Coverage
- Paid Leave: Vacation – 10 days accrued/year, Sick – 12 days accrued/year, Holidays – 8 days/year
- (Benefits after one year of employment.) Retirement Match, Employer paid Basic Life, LTD, STD
Primary responsibility of the position is to perform chair side assisting for assigned dentist. Candidate must be able to work in a team environment and demonstrate professionalism working with co-workers, providers and a diverse patient population.
Must foster a culture of patient and family centered care, service, quality and safety excellence, while improving patient experience, employee experience and community relations.
Required Experience & Skills:
- No dental assistant experience necessary. We offer paid, on-the-job training!
- Knowledge of dental terms and procedures desired.
- One year of dental or medical office experience desired
- Bilingual skills preferred
- Previous Dental Assistant experience is preferred. Training from an accredited institution is preferred.
- Health aide or Medical Assistant experience is acceptable.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Current CPR/BLS certification
EFDA Certified or Certified Dental Assistant preferred
Requirements and Conditions:
- Drug screen is required
- Background check is required
Applications must be submitted by: Update – Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Valley-Wide Health Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.