Jeff Perry and his family moved to the Arkansas Valley in 2002 and they are committed to the community’s health and well-being. Jeff feels that his experiences overseas and in the local area enable him to better address his patients’ needs. He is passionate about preserving high-quality medical and obstetrical care in rural communities. Jeff is especially interested in tropical medicine/global health and rural health.
When he’s not in the clinic, Jeff enjoys track and cross-country running, studying the Bible, writing, and playing guitar. He also has an interest in learning about cross-cultural issues.
Tulane University School of Medicine
Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
Pacific Lutheran University
In His Image Family Medicine Residency – Tulsa, OK
- Jeff served in northern Uganda from May 2017 to December 2018, working with the host community (Madi tribe of Uganda) and South Sudanese refugees. He also served as Pediatric Attending Physician at the district government hospital.
- Jeff and his family moved to South Sudan in 2011 to help establish a hospital for women and children.
- Worked in the Emergency Department at Arkansas Valley Regional Medical Center from 2009-2011.
- Jeff began practice in La Junta with Valley-Wide in 2002, where he served as Medical Director for the Arkansas Valley Region from 2003-2008.
Special Achievements / Awards:
- Nominee preceptor of the year
- Speaker at Global Health Missions Conference, Louisville, KY, 2016
- Speaker at AAFP Global Health Conference, 2013 and 2016
- Behavioral Medicine Award, In His Image Residency, 2002
- Research Award, In His Image Residency, 2001